There are minor differences in the fire danger ratings between a few of the states (i.e. Victoria’s Code Red and Tasmania’s black for Catastrophic), however it is essential to be aware of the variation to your specific geographic region.
- The fire danger ratings system may be a excellent way to initiate class discussion about what each of the words in each category means.
- Students could be encouraged to colour in each of the sections in the appropriate colour and write each word in the section.
Further Information about the National Fire Danger Rating system can be found at the following links:
- Bureau of Meterology Fire Weather Warnings
- Victoria (CFA) About Fire Danger Ratings
- NSW (RFS) Fire Danger Ratings, Fire Danger Ratings Fact Sheet
- Queensland (RFSQ) Fire Danger Rating
- Tasmania (TFS) Fire Danger Ratings
- Western Australia (DFES) Fire Danger Ratings
- South Australia (SACFS) More About Fire Danger Ratings
- Australian Capital Territory (ESA) Fire Danger Ratings Information Sheet
- Northern Territory (NTFRS) Bushfire Danger Ratings